Our organization was founded in 1999 to address massive issues of unemployment, democratic control and social injustices and in a non-sectarian manner. Botshabelo Unemployed Movement (BUM) aims to serve, both the rural and peri-urban poor communities of our province. Botshabelo, meaning “a place of refuge”, is a large township set up by the then apartheid government 45 km east of Bloemfontein, Free State province,
Updates from BUM:
Latest from the Assembly:
Cry of the Xcluded:
- Statement: High levels of unemployment exacerbate existing disparities!￼
- Public meeting: Building Resistance to Budget Cuts!
- Cry of the Xcluded and the Climate Justice Coalition to host a mass meeting
- Statement of the Cry of the Xcluded: 2023/24 Budget an explosion is coming!
- BUDGET DAY MASS ACTIONS
- Statement: Cry of the Xcluded urges the government to increase the budget for fighting against natural disasters!
- Statement: Cry of the Xcluded launches Year of Mass Action campaign!
- Unemployed march to Parliament demanding jobs
- Budget 2022/3: Tell no lies, claim no easy victories￼
- Budget 2022/3: Tell no lies, claim no easy victories