The Southern African Green Revolution Council (SAGRC) was formed in 1983 in Witbank Mpumalanga. Witbank is known for its mining of coal. The town has grown with big mining companies such as Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Xstrata etc. coming in to set up mine to extract coal. The activities of these companies have resulted in communities being affected negatively.
Updates from SAGRC:
Latest from the Assembly:
Cry of the Xcluded:
- Statement: High levels of unemployment exacerbate existing disparities!￼
- Public meeting: Building Resistance to Budget Cuts!
- Cry of the Xcluded and the Climate Justice Coalition to host a mass meeting
- Statement of the Cry of the Xcluded: 2023/24 Budget an explosion is coming!
- BUDGET DAY MASS ACTIONS
- Statement: Cry of the Xcluded urges the government to increase the budget for fighting against natural disasters!
- Statement: Cry of the Xcluded launches Year of Mass Action campaign!
- Unemployed march to Parliament demanding jobs
- Budget 2022/3: Tell no lies, claim no easy victories￼
- Budget 2022/3: Tell no lies, claim no easy victories